Independent educational institution serving more + 1000 students looking to hire an exceptional Transportation Coordinator to join our Team located in Panama City.
Transportation Coordinator is responsible for managing the transportation needs of all students to and from school, special events/field trips, giving support to the athletic and school events in general. Must establish a close collaborative relationship with the shortlisted transportation providers that are used for most of these trips. Needs to interface professionally with a wide range of school stakeholders including parents, students, drivers, employees and vendors
The position works closely with the athletic staff and coaches. The Transportation Coordinator is a highly important component of the seamless operation of student transportation needs and requires prompt resolution of student/parent questions and concerns.
We seek candidates who demonstrate sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse backgrounds of community members; have an ability to work flexibly, independently, and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds; and have a capacity to serve as a model of openness, generosity, and acceptance.
Specific duties and responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
· Coordinate student transportation needs
· Manage logistical planning for daily student bus service, including route creation, bus stop selection and placement, transit optimization, and intercampus shuttles
· Vendor contract management, secure current vendor contracts and insurance requirements from all outside transportation companies
· Stay abreast of all regulatory and compliance requirements
· Create a comprehensive transportation spreadsheet for weekly distribution
· Respond to emergencies such as late or missed pick-ups and incorrect vendor dispatched vehicles at a variety of times throughout the day, including early morning and late evening
· An exceptional team-player and enjoy working with dynamic colleagues
· Able to work in a professional manner with many stakeholders, while putting the needs of the program first
Logistics and/or Transportation Bachelor degree or similar from an accredited college or university
Experience in transportation logistics a plus.
Enjoys problem-solving, approach to conflict is solutions-oriented and remains calm in fluid situations
Strong communications in written & verbal skills, time management skills and able to multitask numerous request for bus changes and personnel accountability
Proficiency w/ MS Office & G- Suite
Ability to learn new databases or programs with relative ease.
Bilingual: English and Spanish