This role is responsible for:
· Providing world-class technical support for our valued customers around the world.
· Working as part of an international technical support team and liaising with international departments to resolve issues affecting applications and networks.
· Managing cases and investigations that are escalated from customer support (T2).
· Troubleshooting alerts/alarms generated by monitoring systems for satellite communication platforms and networks.
· Following defined processes and standard operating procedures for major incidents and outages of services.
· Troubleshooting and escalating critical issues to Devops resources in a timely manner to ensure prompt and accurate resolution of issues impacting government, commercial maritime, and financial customers all over the world.
· Handling IT support cases including setting up new users and troubleshooting SW and HW issues with workstations.
· Providing support for weekends and holidays as needed as part of a rotation schedule.
· Monitor the infrastructure environment and application services for stability and performance in order to maintain 24×7 operations and resolve impacts services as they occur.
· Manage a queue of work requests to meet service levels and KPI objectives.
· Resolve incidents efficiently and collaborate with technical staff and service providers to facilitate timely and efficient resolution in accordance with established processes and procedures.
· Document problem descriptions and detailed problem diagnosis with accuracy and compliance with established practices.
· Observe root cause analysis and post-incident review documentation.
· Participate in the transfer of information from one shift to the next.
· Monitor all data centre operating systems related alerts, network alarms, errors, warnings and performance.
· Troubleshoot & perform basic to advanced system administration tasks for Windows Desktops and Linux Servers
· Create, investigate, resolve or escalate cases for issues received via monitoring systems, telephone, email, or client portals using established procedures and standard operating procedures.
· Send all incident updates and notifications to defined recipients (internal engineers, the management or external customers) as necessary.
· Conduct Satellite Communications HW investigations and troubleshooting as required.
Minimum 3 years of IT experience with the following skills:
· Installation, maintenance, and support of computers, peripherals, and programs
· Communications infrastructure and services, VMware
· Construction of local networks
· Microsoft Exchange
· Active Directory
· Windows Sharepoint Services
· Basic Knowledge of Database tools like SQL, Oracle
· Strong reporting and data analysis skills
· Basic Knowledge of Programming in Python, C, C ++, Java, Visual Basic a plus
· AWS knowledge a plus
· Knowledge of API, JIRA, Salesforce a plus
· Knowledge of Satellite Communications a plus
· Knowledge of the Maritime Industry a plus
We’re looking for a career minded professional with the following attributes:
· Customer focused
· Team oriented
· Positive attitude
· Willingness to learn, adapt, and continuously develop skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an IT related field
· Must have intermediate to advanced English
· Competitive Salary: $18,000
· Private health insurance
· Pension scheme
· Life insurance
ALL DOCUMENTS HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED IN ENGLISH TO BE CONSIDERED