UNHCR JOB DESCRIPTION
The candidate should have demonstrated experience in dealing with procurement and logistics matters, ideally in a UN agency, NGO or a Public organization. The candidate needs to have a good command of public procurement rules and regulations as well as be conversant with warehouse and Inventory management matters in addition to proven knowledge on fleet and asset management. The candidate must have excellent communication skills, at oral and written level in Spanish and English langue in order to provide support to other UNHCR operations in the region. The candidate should have experience in dealing with partners, collect supply information, monitor, reporting, keep records and implement administrative requirements. S/he is needed to have a sound demonstrated skills in negotiations with vendors, vendor management and contract administration. He/She must have ability in working in cross-cultural environments and be proactive, independent, passionate and hardworking. Demonstrated awareness of the political and security challenges which may impact the normal delivery is needed. The candidate should have previous experience in working under stressful environment and be ready to go on a short-term mission if need be.
- UNHCR delivers timely and quality goods and services to persons of concern in compliance with supply chain rules and procedures.
- Local liaison with partners effectively supports supply activities.
- Prepare plans for delivery of relief items according to operational needs.
- Apply UNHCR's procurement strategy when planning for purchase of important commodities and services.
- Ensure timely customs clearance of consignments.
- Manage storage of goods according to "best practices" and UNHCR rules and regulations; maintain an efficient system for the release, distribution and redeployment of goods.
- Coordinate transportation and distribution of relief items.
- Coordinate activities of implementing partners and/or contractors performing supply related activities, and ensure that they understand and adhere to relevant UNHCR rules and procedures.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive records on logistical activities and provide timely reports and updates both periodically and on request.
- Evaluate purchase requisitions to ensure that specifications, delivery dates and all other requirements are in order.
- Draft and dispatch quotation requests and/or tenders, and assist in the evaluation of offers and draft bid-tabulations, prepare proposals for award of contracts to the Committee on Contracts.
-Prepare Purchase Orders and send confirmations, requests for inspection and other correspondence, and monitor the manufacture/transport of ordered goods to ensure timely delivery.
- Provide guidance and advice on UNHCR procurement policies and procedures to support and assist requesting sections.
- Implement effective asset and fleet management that regularly monitors the asset/fleet pool, saves cost and safeguards the investment of the organisation including receipt, inspection, registration & marking of new Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE), organisation of the physical verification of PPE, ensure that PPE agreements are properly issued and signed, and preparation of disposal forms and cases for the Asset Management Board, and organise the disposal of PPE according to Asset Management Board decisions.
- Provide asset management reports, customised reports, and gathers information on all assets and provides in-depth reports periodically and when requested.
- Monitor the quality and accuracy of supply chain related data in relevant business systems. Compile and analyse statistical information, identify trends and developments in supply chain related matters that will assist in decision making.
-Disseminate and promote UNHCR's global policies, standards and guidance on supply chain management.
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary or as delegated by the Supervisor in order to meet the level of service required by the organisation.
- Identify, assess and select vendors based on their capability for delivering commodities and services. Maintain vendor and item master databases.
-Make recommendations to senior management for resources allocation to support on-going operations.
-Determine shipment methods, routes and delivery schedules to meet demand in the most timely manner.
2.3 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES,
Empowering and Building Trust
Judgement and Decision Making
Strategic Planning and Vision
Innovation and Creativity
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Planning and Organizing
Policy Development and Research
Change Capability and Adaptability
2.4 ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
-Completion of the Secondary School Education with post-secondary training/certificate in Trade, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing or a related field;
-Minimum 6 years of previous relevant professional job experience;
-Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language and/or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
(favor enviar completamente diligenciado el formato PHF al cual puede acceder en la siguiente dirección:)
Por favor enviar el formato PHF junto con su carta de motivación al correo:
Solamente las aplicaciones completas serán consideradas en el proceso de selección.
* El formulario PHF debe ser firmado por el/la postulante.