Type of Appointment
Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
August 31, 2018
The position is based in Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), headed by the Director of PAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Information Management and the direct supervision of the Database Administrator Lead, the SQL DBA will be responsible for managing and maintaining optimum operation of all MS SQL production and non-production databases; and design/implementation and maintaining strict security rights to sensitive data as per IOM’s data protection principles.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Assist in implementation of large database-driven applications
· Support data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, data integrity, recovery & load strategy.
· Oversee backup and recovery on databases is in place
· Design and implement high availability of MS SQL based production systems including the disaster recovery solution implementation
· Coordinate changes to SQL Server (Service Packs & hotfixes)
· Configure and monitor interfaces with other systems
· Configure and maintain schema, tables, views, functions, triggers and indexes
· Configure and manage system and database user IDs and group permissions
· Identify opportunities for optimizing business and system effectiveness
· Support formal testing and resolve test defects.
· Efficient at T-SQL and batch scripting.
· Manage the ticket ownership process and provide tier 3 level support
· Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Completed university degree from an accredited academic institution in Computer Science or any related course.
· 2 years of experience as a Database administrator or similar role;
· Excellent understanding of MS SQL database systems and architectures:
· Extensive years of experience of managing disconnected databases;
· Extensive years of experience in reporting services;
· Experience in project management;
· Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks;
· Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
Fluency in Spanish and English. French is advantageous.
· Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment, gives credit where its due.
Correctly applies knowledge of specialized IT disciplines;
Anticipates and prepares response to changing IT needs of the relevant organizational unit;
Delivers optimal IT solutions within defined resource parameters.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies and http://ciudaddelsaber.org/es/oportunidades/empleos
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications by August 31, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.