Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context: This position is based in Panama Administrative Centre (PAC), headed by the Head of PAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC. Under the direct supervision of the Network and Systems Supervisor (Panama) and the overall supervision of the Global Head, ICT Infrastructure and Networks and in close coordination with ICT teams in Manila and Geneva the incumbent will be responsible for providing ICT technical support, designing processes and procedures; analyzing impacts of planned infrastructure and service upgrades; and translating identified non-technical requirements into technical plans that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Perform Tier 3 ICT technical support function; Manage incident, requests, changes and problems within the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA).
2. Support the IOM messaging infrastructure, including its migration from Microsoft Exchange on premises to Microsoft Exchange Online.
3. Support the assessment of existent on-premise workloads and its consequent retirement, replacement or migration to either AWS or Azure cloud-based environment.
4. Install, configure and monitor operating systems (Windows 2008, 2012, 2016/Linux Server Ubuntu and RedHat, VMware) on premises and in the cloud.
5. Implement policies, procedures and technologies to ensure Windows system security.
6. Perform daily administration, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of on premise and cloud hosted ICT systems
7. Maintain, upgrade or enhance existing virtual infrastructure and storage systems.
8. Design, document, deploy, troubleshoot and drive improvements to Active Directory on a multisite environment.
9. Support Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) solutions.
10. Ensure that data center IT Infrastructure can be resumed within required and agreed timescales following major disruption considering both local and wide area issues.
11. Manage IOM backups infrastructure by ensuring that backups are performed and regularly tested. Also responsible for addressing any problem related to tasks, backup policies and performance.
12. Liaise with external vendors and core ICT teams for required Infrastructure planning, allocation and implementation, through management of existing hardware and software (virtual and physical) resources to meet business needs.
13. Propose changes in process, policy, and standards as they relate to the organizational IT infrastructure and service architecture and design principles.
University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Minimum of five years of experience in managing and implementing corporate systems in a distributed multisite environment
Fluency in English and Spanish.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVEOTkwQjhFQjAwNzAxODIwQ0ImY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN# , by March 21,2019 at the latest