About Estee Lauder Companies
ELC (Estee Lauder Companies) is a global leader in prestige beauty that delights consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty. They are the only company focused solely on prestige makeup, skin care, fragrance and hair care with a diverse portfolio of 25+ brands sold in 150 countries. Infused throughout their organization is a passion for creativity and innovation; a desire to push the boundaries and invent the unexpected.
The One Source Finance and Accounting Manager will provide finance and accounting services to OneSource for Global and Americas locations including development of annual budget and long range plan (P&L and CAPEX), and monthly estimate; monthly accounting close, expense monitoring, and accruals; facilitate and coordinate procurement, intercompany invoicing/rebilling and internal allocation processes. Provide reporting, analysis and insights to OneSource management for action, development and implementation of tools/applications in support of continuous improvements; automate, improve and make processes efficient. Also includes direct interaction with senior executives and senior finance executives.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Responsible for execution of transactions for Americas Service Center
o Manage and execute intercompany rebill process in accordance with SEM and transfer price requirements
o Oversight of 3rd party payroll processor; coordination of payroll payment and related tax payment process, managing cash requests and transfers
o Facilitate and manage procurement process including shopping carts, PO tracking, invoice payment with appropriate coding
o Manage adjustment activity related to Employees (employee cost, bonus and equity) in conjunction with Human Resources
o Manage transactions related to other expense areas including but not limited to professional services, occupancy, and the management of CAPEX (approval process and related accounting)
o Develop, coordinate and fully understand the annual budget and multi-year plan for Americas Service Center departmental costs
o Facilitate, execute monthly estimate interacting with business leads to understand spend activities, shifts in timing and comprehensive reporting
o Manage closing processes including expense monitoring, accrual requirements, reconciliations providing for journal entries and adjustments as required
o Prepare analysis of results and comprehensive reporting for Monthly Performance Review compared to budget and estimate with insightful variance explanations for executive management
o Perform and prepare Balance Sheet account reconciliations, account analysis, and other related documents/schedules
o Research and resolve inquiries
o Adhere to deadlines and processes
· Coordinate and manage cash flow projections, employee cost/bonus/equity and occupancy tracking of Americas Service Center ensuring visibility to short and long-term requirements
· Manage internal allocation of OneSource Americas Service Center expenses to internal customers for annual plan and actual usage with related analytical support
· Ensure governance and compliance for standards of accounting and internal control including adherence and enforcement of US GAAP, corporate policies and SOX compliance
· In conjunction with team members, provide for continuous improvement in processes ensuring proper controls and realization of efficiencies
· Provide inputs in support of statutory and tax requirements of the Panama legal entity
· Liaison with internal and external auditors as required
· Special projects and ad-hoc analysis as requested
· Aligns and Engages the Team in the Vision: Provides clarity to each team member on their role in achieving
the vision, strategy, and goals.
· Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion
of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
· Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly
mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
· Strives for Excellence in Execution: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational
effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
· Master´s degree is a plus
· Travel time: 15% to 20%5%
· Fluent in English and Spanish.