This position will be responsible for implementation and administration of policies and programs covering: Collective Labour Agreements, contracts, Labour Code, Internal rules, travel, medical, staffing, accommodation, compliance, and other human resource functions.
• Deliver HR service and support to the site.
• Work closely with Operating areas to implement correct policies and processes in line with the agreed strategy, and introduce new initiatives and programs – onboarding, recruitment, compensation, transfers, development, discipline, time keeping
• Provide advice and counselling to managers for the effective management of their people
• Give advice on business structure, workforce planning and retention programs
• Ensure timely delivery of accurate data
• Manage and maintain employee data
• Manage detail surrounding workforce performance including attendance, absenteeism, issue management
• Support managers in the understanding and implementation of processes surrounding compensation, performance reviews, on-boarding, time and attendance, discipline, terminations, promotions
• Provide timely response to questions about your workforce
• Understand the business demands of your operating area and provide input into new ideas to support improved performance
Qualifications and experience:
• Bi lingual
• Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Administration or related field.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a broad HR generalist role.
• Prior experience of working with unions and collective agreements
• Demonstrated broad HR generalist experience with interpreting the Panamanian Labor Code, operating in an industrial setting, developing and implementing an agenda focused on productivity and performance
Critical interpersonal skills:
• Accepts responsibility.
• Strong judgement and analysis skills
• Takes the initiative.
• Identifies customer needs.
• Creates value.
• Clearly conveys ideas, information, and requests in writing.
• Speaks clearly and expresses ideas well in groups and one-to-one.
• Actively listens and confirms understanding of the comments, questions and instructions of others.
• Recognizes and responds appropriately to abnormal conditions or situations. Understands when it is appropriate to change established procedures in order to work more effectively.