The Facility Security Coordinator (FSC) has the responsibility to oversee the screening operation in Panama.
The FSC custodies the UPS cargo to ensure that it does not represent a threat to our company’s assets such as our people, property and equipment.
The following duties are some of the FSC responsibilities:
· Attends and participates of the TSA inspections
· Avoid TSA letter of investigations (better known as LOI’s)
· Is in charge of the screening vendors performance
· Ensures that UPS complies with the Chain of Custody process, as required by UPS, as well as by different agencies.
· Ensures that the Local Aviation Security Program is updated according to the aviation regulations
· Ensures that the operation is complying with the established local program
· Conducts trainings in order to be in compliance with the airport security program.
· In charge to conduct the ERC Quarterly Audits accordingly to the UPS standards
· Must develop and maintain the UPS ERC LOP as per the UPS guidelines
· Receives Corporate, Region and District AVSEC audits
· Responsible to answer the auditors questions, as well as to keep the score target set up by the region office
· In charge of the chain of custody and screening of the volume
· In charge of the aircraft security while it is on the ground
· Responsible to keep the DSA (Designated Screening Area) restricted to unauthorized people
· Responsible to ensure that the authorized personnel at the DSA are properly identified according to the Avsec requirements
· Must complies with a detailed report filing system
· Is the backup of the security specialist