W.W. Grainger, Inc. is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies
and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger
for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management
and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including healthcare, manufacturing,
government and hospitality. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone
and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s
distribution centers (DCs) and branches worldwide. For more information on Grainger, visit www.grainger.com/investor.
Under general direction, provide general administrative support to a manager, department or team by efficiently executing office procedures and processes to meet business objectives
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Answer telephone calls, take and deliver accurate messages. Respond to requests by
•gathering and providing information, referring non-routine calls to appropriate staff.
•Ask probing questions in order to respond effectively.
• Compose, modify, and proofread routine correspondence, reports or presentations from
•rough drafts and general instructions.
• Schedule meetings, conference rooms, and make travel arrangements as directed.
•Oversee calendar, schedule appointments on behalf of manager. Prepare materials
•needed by manager for meetings and telephone calls.
• Open, sort, prioritize, and distribute all department mail and process outgoing mail.
• Create, maintain and revise general and confidential departmental files and records.
• Monitor and maintain office supply inventory and place orders as needed.
• Prepare personnel, purchasing and other administrative forms for the office and
•forward for approval and processing.
• Track departmental expenses and resolve/reconcile discrepancies on general ledger budget accounts.
• Locate and gather information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving
•business issues. Pursue information that may not be readily available.
Education & Experience
•High School diploma or equivalent and one to three years of related office experience.
• Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures to answer questions and handle
• Ability to type 50 WPM using Microsoft Word or other word processing software.
• Convey essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
• Possess good attention to detail and the ability to proofread documents for correct
•grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Ability to complete assignments within established timeframes.
• Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, yet be responsive to
•changes in those priorities.
• Demonstrate effective analytical skills to handle routine situations.