The Global Legal Services Assistant Counsel I – Contracts will deliver high quality legal support to the business in collaboration with the ELC legal team in Panama, New York and the Regions. The Assistant Counsel I – Contracts will be responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a large volume of buy and sell commercial contracts, Procurement Agreements, Talent Agreements, Intercompany Agreements, Consulting Agreements amongst other type of agreements. This position is part of ELC’s Global Legal organization and is responsible for the work related to a wide variety of commercial contracts in jurisdictions throughout the world.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Support the ELC legal teams in Panama, New York and the regions.
· Deliver global legal support relating to commercial contracts, through a multi-function shared service model across ELC’s internal and external stakeholders.
· Support legal activities involving commercial agreements, including but not limited to the procurement of goods and services (including by means of license) and the distribution of ELC’s products and services.
· Draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, such as purchase agreements, inbound/outbound licensing agreements, software development contracts, services and consulting agreements, IT and business process outsourcing agreements, event contracts, and SaaS agreements.
· Provide M&A due diligence support.
· Cosmetic and/or OTC industry experience a plus.
· 5+ years of commercial contract experience at a reputable law firm and/or legal department of a multi-national company.
· Strong acumen and experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts of various types on both the buy and sell sides.
· Experience with information technology and internet-related agreements preferred.
· Experience with contract review and due diligence in connection with commercial transactions, merger and acquisition (M&A), Talent Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, amongst others.
· Experience working in a multicultural environment with a diverse workforce.
· High emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Effectively communicates, exercises good judgment in decision making, understands and synthesizes complex issues
· Strong technical skills with experience in Microsoft Office 365, SAP, Ariba, Serengeti, customer relationship management and workflow management systems
· LLM from US a plus
• Thinks Strategically: Takes a broad view of the business, industry, and consumer environment to anticipate
and plan for the future. Identifies the focus and defines where to play, how to win and what capabilities and
management systems are required.
• Embraces and Initiates Change: Distinguishes what to preserve and what to change. Has the courage to
initiate and lead the changes that drive success.
• Builds Collaborative Relationships: Builds relationships based on trust and respect. Promotes the inclusion
of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences to achieve results.
• Demonstrates Learning Agility: Ability to anticipate change, face reality, draw conclusions, and swiftly
mobilize to adapt to changing needs and demands.
• Drives Creativity and Innovation: Focuses on areas of highest potential. Creates newness or connects
knowledge in new ways to create the unexpected. Ensures that the creativity and innovation pipeline
are aligned to achieve strategy and goals.
• Strives for Excellence in Execution: Proactively seeks ways to improve personal and organizational
effectiveness to meet current and future business needs. Learns equally from successes and failures.
· Minimum Years of Experience: 5 years
· Travel time: <5%.
· English, Spanish, and Portuguese will be a plus
· Licenses or Certifications: Admitted to appropriate state or country bar
· Work shift: Monday to Friday – Business hours.
· Contract-type: Full-Time Permanent.
· Location: Costa del Este, Panamá.