We are currently seeking an Occuptaontl Health Nurse to joined our Human Resources Team (Occupational Health section).
Conduct appropriate risk based medical examinations (including initial, periodic, exit, transfer) based on workplace hazards according to the occupational exposure risk profile.
• Accurately administer the relevant medical history and health questionnaires.
• Conduct the following medical examinations as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
o Physical examination
o Urine testing
o Urine screening for drugs
o Vision screening
• Detect variances in the test results and report the results of medical surveillance to the Occupational Medical Practitioner.
• Interaction with the workers to ensure they are adequately informed of the risks in their workplace, prepared for the tests and
understand the results of all medical examinations.
• Accurately record information in hard copy and/or electronic information management system.
• Maintain the medical information/records in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
• Conduct the biological monitoring campaigns as part of medical surveillance as planned.
• Conduct respirator and HPD validation testing in conjunction with occupational hygienist.
OCCUPATIONAL ILLNESS INVESTIGATION
• Monitor worker’s state of health so as to detect potential occupational illnesses at an early stage.
• Participate in illness investigations to determine work relatedness and work aggravation.
• Conduct investigation tests in cases identified as possible occupational illnesses in accordance with
the various protocols/management plans.
• Support workers in the goal-oriented return to work plans in accordance with the Return to Work Policy and Procedure PAN-HR-RTW-MPSA
• Conduct daily equipment inspections and report any irregularities.
• Conduct daily workstation inspections and manage consumables.
• Conduct biological calibrations as planned.
• Identify workers with chronic conditions during annual medical surveillance and refer to the Occupational Medicine Practitioner.
• Participation in wellness committee, campaigns and activities as per plan.
• Provide face to face counselling and support.
COMMUNICATION AND MEETINGS
• Participation at various forums which include but is not limited to team meetings, wellness committee, case management, workplace
• Interface with FQM Group Medical Advisor as and when required.
Education (Level of schooling required)