Kongsberg Maritime is a Norwegian technology company, within Kongsberg Gruppen, today a world leader in several areas within the maritime, defense, aerospace and oil and gas industries. Our mission is to maintain regional offices around products, technologies and market needs. Kongsberg Maritime provides dynamic positioning systems, seabed topography, sailing, and automation for merchant ships and offshore installations. Our solutions improve efficiency and safety across the entire range of maritime technology and additionally, we offer capacity in providing key engineering services within shipbuilding and open sea production sectors. Our goal is to provide high capacity to offer world‐class service to our customers. We work with nearly 4800 dedicated and trained employees, in 60 branches, in 21 countries around the world.
The selected candidate shall be responsible for serving our systems on board ocean vessels in Panamanian territorial waters, as well as in Deepwater ports in Central and South American countries. This involves: troubleshooting onboard and repairing, installing and commissioning our systems, mainly in engine automation, propulsion control systems, Voyage Data Recorder and other navigation equipment. From our office, remote technical support will be provided to our customers and colleagues within Kongsberg Maritime. This position reports to the General Manager of Kongsberg Maritime Panama Corp.
We offer work with one of Norway's leading technology companies and challenging tasks in an exciting and inspiring work environment with highly motivated and dedicated colleagues. Possibilities of a long career in an innovative and successful company in competitive conditions. Training in products, systems, methods and working instruments, both external and internal, will be provided.
Only resumes in English will be accepted from candidates who meet the requirements. Interviews will be in English.
Candidates must have:
- High-grade technical education in the discipline of Electrical Engineering/Automation/Instrumentation
- Good knowledge of working with computers; both hardware & software
- Customer service mentality, positive attitude, proactivity and learning by doing
- Availability to travel and work outside of office hours, sometimes in short notice (participating in a 24-hour emergency program)
- Determination and innovation to solve technical problems on board in a systematic and structured manner
- Communication skills and flexibility to deal with different characters in the field in collaboration with other employees within Kongsberg Maritime.