Data analyst responsibilities include conducting full production cycle analysis to include trucking requirements, Truck / Excavator / Shovel and auxiliary efficiencies, utilization and mine design wastage, mine haulage improvements, Road construction and maintenance equipment utilization, drill utilization. Monitor Track equipment walks and find ways to reduce movement. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities to meet the demands of the Mine Operations Senior leadership team and MPSA management as approved. This includes daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly reports and assist in the development of such reports. They will also monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements. Other tasks as required by Mine Operations Team.
Key Accountabilities and Challenges
• Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
• Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
• Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
• Understand business needs and objectives
• Develop strategies for effective data analysis and reporting
• Define company-wide metrics and relevant data sources
• Select, configure and implement analytics solutions
• Performing detailed analysis and identifying trends defined in the requirements such as weekly, quarterly and annual trends for customer churn.
• Identifying patterns and helping the business react to changing business conditions.
• Performing root cause analysis.
• Identifying data anomalies and communicating back to the data stewards.
• Presenting results to the business unit leaderSkills, Knowledge & Experience
· Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong ability to work in a "team" environment.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain self-discipline within a stressful environment.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Advance knowledge of Microsoft package
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
· Knowledge of BI and analytics.
· Knowledge of structured data, such as entities, classes, hierarchies, relationships and metadata.
· Knowledge of database systems including basic SQL querying.
· Ability to combine data from multiple sources when needed for the analysis.
· Ability to perform data validation.
· Familiarity with the use cases, business purposes and quality of the data.
· Attention to detail.
· Minimum 5 years as Data Analyst (desirable)
· Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
· Three years’ Experience in the mining sector
Fluency in English is good and proficiency in Spanish highly regarded. A willingness to undertake language training desirable.
· Ability to maintain composure under stressful situations and conflicting priorities while providing leadership and direction
· Ability to work effectively under pressure, remaining on track and compensating for variances.
· Vision to perceive risks and opportunities with superior decision-making ability to act on these accordingly.
· Ability to develop solutions in challenging environment.
· Strength in cultural adaptability
· Actively live the FQM leadership values.Working Conditions
Cobre Panama is a remote site and the position is offered as Bus In, Bus Out.
Safety and Environment
· Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
· Ensure all Safety and Environmental incidents are addressed & reported promptly.
· Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
· Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
· Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
· Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings