First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business
in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and
South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in
everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily
producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development
in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s
leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects
in eight countries across five continents.
We are seeking a self-motivated and proactive accountant to work within the Finance team to control and manage
the capital accounting activities for the Cobre Panama operation. This will include recording/controlling the
acquisition of new fixed assets, building the fixed asset register in JD Edwards, tracking existing fixed assets,
recording depreciation and accounting for the disposal of fixed assets.
Reporting to: Fixed Asset Project Manager/Superintendent
Main roles and responsibilities
1. Develop procedures for the accurate and efficient control of company assets.
2. Monitor fixed assets control/safeguarding activities in the field in conjuction with responsible departments.
3. Ensure compliance with all corporate fixed asset management policies and procedures.
4. Record all fixed asset acquisitions and disposals in JD Edwards, ensuring compliance with corporate approval
5. Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset register to the control accounts in the general ledger.
6. Ensure depreciation is calculated in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with corporate procedures.
7. Assist in periodic physical inventroy counts of fixed assets.
8. Prepare reports for the Fixed Asset Project
9. Perform other duties as directed by the Project Manager/Superintendent
Knowledge and Experience
Minimum of 2 years performing similar capital accounting functions in large industrial companies.
Strong Microsoft Office Skills - with particular focus on Excel
Experience with JD Edwards is desirable (but not essential)
Must have both strong Spanish and English language skills - written and spoken
12 month contract - extendable
University Degree in Accounting, Administration, Engineering or related field;
El contenido de este aviso es de propiedad del anunciante. Los requisitos de la posición son definidos y administrados por el anunciante sin que Konzerta sea responsable por ello.