· Responsible for financial support activities as well as resolves issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers.
· Performs a variety of routine and some non-routine clerical/finance functions in accordance with standard procedures in one or more of the following areas: general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax or related financial area.
· Reconciles bank accounts, posts information, balances general or subsidiary ledgers, processes payments and compiles segments of monthly closings and annual reports.
· Runs various financial reports to provide to team and/or leadership.
· Researches and recommends system improvements to increase department efficiency and accuracy.
· Advises and consults on financial and/or accounting issues involving business activities for a business unit to ensure proper compliance with laws and GAAP.
· Ensures that the internal accounting reporting requirements of the company are met.
· Meets accounting close deadlines as assigned
· Provides support to business unit accounting group as required
· Coordinates, develops, issues, reviews and updates business unit accounting and operating policies
· Typically requires 2+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent experience;
· CPA (Contador public autorizado) is a plus.
· Good knowledge of accounting principles
· Good knowledge of systems and automation tools (including Excel and Access, etc)
· Advanced/Fluent communications skills in Spanish and English