• Inspecting a variety of Plant LV and MV electrical circuits and equipment such as Transformers, Large Motor Starters, circuit breakers, conduit systems, motors, generators, utilities outlets or other transmission equipment, including secondary distribution lines and circuits used to supply distribution panels.
• Working from blueprint, drawings, layouts or other specifications.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Plans and determines the routing
• Locates and diagnoses electrical systems or equipment and uses a variety of measuring and testing instruments
• Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools
• Report directly any unsolved deviations and faults of utility cablings, machines/equipment and other electrical devices to Superintend/Supervisor for immediate action
• Performs recurring, standardized work independently in accepted trade practice
• Troubleshoot, repair, adjust, calibrate and overhaul all LV and MV electrical components, equipment and devices
• Monitor any backlog report and advise immediate supervisor
• Prepare the installation report after every phase installation completion
• Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts and reassemble equipment
• Analyzes blue prints, schematics, and drawings of electrical systems for the purpose of determining the efficient installation of new or upgraded systems
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed
Skill and Educational Requirements:
Education: (Level of schooling required)
• Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
• Read, write and communicate using Spanish to perform job functions(other preferences will be given for special language skills such English)
• Technical School Diploma
• Valid driver license is essential
• Practical experience in industrial industries in installation, rehabilitation, maintenance and repair of electrical and power distribution systems, control panels.
• Electrical Medium Voltage Certificate