Panama City, Panama
Type of Appointment
Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The position is based in Panama Administrative Centre (MAC), headed by the Head of PAC. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is one of the divisions with its operations delocalized to PAC.
Under the overall supervision of the Head Information Management and direct supervision of Senior SharePoint Administrator. The successful candidate will assist the Senior SharePoint Administrator in administering and managing the IOM SharePoint platforms that support IOM Document Management System, Intranet, PRIMA, extranet and other collaboration Web applications. He or she will be responsible for providing assistance on monitoring the infrastructure for performance and maintains the systems secure and correctly configured with latest security patches following configuration management practices. The incumbent will also be responsible for safety and security of data hosted on the platforms, effective data backup and will also participate in IOM Information and Knowledge management initiatives.
*The applicant must be Panamenian or have a valid working permit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the installation and configuration of SharePoint environments.
2. Installation, Administration and maintenance of SharePoint SQL Server environments.
3. Assist in the provisioning, moving, copying, and restoring of SharePoint Application in different SharePoint environments.
4. Assist in the administration, troubleshooting and optimization of IOM SharePoint application (IOM Document Management System, Intranet, PRIMA, extranet and other SharePoint corporate Web applications).
5. Assist in performing maintenance and utilization tests, and of the SharePoint Farm.
6. Apply SharePoint Cumulative updates and Windows Server Service packs in coordination with the Senior SharePoint Administrator.
7. Assist in installation and configuration of SharePoint SQL Database High availability infrastructure.
8. Participate in the design and implementation of SharePoint infrastructure and application projects to all missions.
9. Act as additional specialist resource to all the missions for the SharePoint Infrastructure most specially in performing installation, configuration and administration of SharePoint farm components, security and services.
10. Logs and maintains SharePoint knowledge base of related issues and resolutions.
11. Daily review of the events and messages reported in System Center Operations Management (SCOM) as well as in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor.
12. Provide daily Real-time Monitoring of Search Availability and Performance.
13. Provide monthly monitoring report- Analysis of workload / Analysis of potential problems Capture perfmon baseline for 24 hours / Check for OOB Reports.
14. Function as Tier3 day to day support for issues related to SharePoint Applications.
15. Monitors daily SharePoint backup jobs.
16. Monitors daily disk cleanup jobs.
17. Perform weekly baselining of Search and User Profile components in SharePoint Production farm.
18. Performs weekly backup and restore testing for all SharePoint application.
19. Provide support during weekend if needed but not limited to SharePoint farm upgrade, application downtime, deployment etc.
20. Perform other related duties as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
· Completed university degree in Software Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
· Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience in managing and administering SharePoint 2010/2013 Farm.
· Experience in Windows 2008/2012 Administration.
· Knowledge of Windows server platforms. Understanding of active directory and SQL server 2012 is a distinct advantage.
· Good, analytical and problem solving skills and ability to handle a range of troubleshooting tasks.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via web through the following https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVEOEIyRTJDNjFEQTk1REUwQzImY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN
For further information, please refer to http://panama.iom.int/en/vacancies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 08.10.2018 to 21.10.2018